Specialized ServicesInfertility, Pregnancy, Weight Loss, Facial Rejuvenation
If you have been trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant there is hope! Whether you suffer from unexplained infertility or a diagnosed condition (low thyroid, PCOS, POI, endometriosis, slow sperm motility, and others..) acupuncture/chinese medicine has been increasingly recognized* as a cost-effective solution to help previously infertile couples conceive.
We offer a series of acupuncture treatments for fertility & infertility. These specialized treatments are aimed at restoring hormonal balance, menstrual/ovulatory regularity, relieving stress, and increasing blood flow to the reproductive organs. Our goal is not just for you to get pregnant but to stay pregnant.
Acupuncture, by our experienced and certified clinician, is safe and effective during pregnancy. In addition to good prenatal medical care, it offers many benefits. Studies* show that it is effective for stress, heartburn, hemorrhoids, sciatica pain, morning sickness, hip and low back pain. Regular acupuncture during pregnancy can also prepare the body for an easy birth, and faster post-partum recovery, minimizing the effects of depression.
Chinese Medicine offers the best method around to flip a breech position (statistically higher than an external version). Once the pregnancy has reached its term, acupuncture can induce labor.
Five Stones also offers specialized post-partum treatments that address: Severe blood loss during delivery, C-section scars, vaginal tears, perineal pain, hemorrhoids, urinary incontinence, mild to moderate post-partum depression. Chinese Medicine uses acupuncture, moxibustion and herbs to treat inhibited milk flow and/or insufficient milk production. Patients receiving continued acupuncture throughout their pregnancy, recover much faster in their post-partum period, with minimal discomforts. Call for more information
Good for you! you’ve taken the first step to Kick the Habit by acknowledging you need help. Quitting smoking, as with other addictions, requires you to surround yourself with lots of support. We are happy to be one of those sources of support! We offer a cessation program to help you succeed. Here’s how acupuncture can help you: stops the jitters, curbs cravings, lessens irritability and restlessness, increases relaxation, helps your body detoxify, loosens phlegm, resolves coughs, clears the sinuses, improves sleep, calms the mind.
In addition, we provide coaching to address the non-physical aspects of quitting: Coping with emptiness, substituting comforting habits, understanding how to transform irritability or vulnerability into strengths, and selecting supportive lifestyles.
We are invested in your success and will support you the whole way. We offer a free 10 minute consultation to determine if our program is right for you. Call for more information
Our weight loss program uses both acupuncture and coaching for maximum and sustainable results. We don’t believe in diets but we believe in a mindset. We understand that there is no substitute for good nutrition and exercise, but how does one even get there?
- Acupuncture curbs appetites and cravings, boosts metabolism, improves digestion, and aids in the elimination of fat. It stimulates energy flow to the hypothalamus, which regulates hormones and neurochemicals that influence body temperature, circadian rhythm, thirst, and hunger. In this way, acupuncture has been shown to regulate ghrelin and leptin – two important hormones that control fat storage and metabolism.
- Acupuncture strengthens the functions of the spleen, stomach, liver, small intestines, large intestines – helping the body digest, process nutrients, break down fat, and eliminate waste.
- Acupuncture also improves your quality of sleep and reduces stress, which can indirectly affect the body’s ability to lose weight.
- Coaching sessions are used to bring long-term weight loss. We team up with you, support you, and hold you accountable to what you say you are going to do. Changing a lifestyle is hard work, but ultimately so rewarding because there’s no “bounce back” like there is in yo-yo dieting.
Our coach is trained to examine patterns, habits, beliefs and upsets that keep you from achieving your goal. Our culture has associated food with love, comfort, and nurture – we help you understand eating behaviors, provide you with nutritional information, and set realistic and obtainable goals. CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION
Is a cosmetic procedure to increase and restore the appearance of youth to the face. If you are thinking of getting a little work done on your face but want to minimize the serious risks and the huge costs associated with plastic surgery – then, this specialized treatment package is for you!
Facial rejuvenation acupuncture works by stimulating collagen and elastin production, and activating blood circulation to the face. It treats the major organ systems that are also responsible for detoxifying the body – essentially restoring youth from the inside out. Over a series of treatments, you can expect:
- smooths out fine lines, crow’s feet
- softens the furrows in the forehead and in the naso-labial folds
- restores a youthful glow to the skin
- evens out your skin tone
- reduces enlarged pores
- clears puffiness and dark circles
- reduces/clears age spots
- lifts sagginess
- tonifies energy that activates the lifts in muscles around the eyes, mouth, and jawline.
Acupuncture facial rejuvenation works best with individuals who are engaged in a healthy lifestyle. Since acupuncture works holistically, the effects won’t just be confined to your face, patients describe these side effects as feeling “youthful on the inside.”
Our clinicians are trained in this facial rejuvenation technique, and you can expect to see results after just 10 sessions.
Call for more information or to see if you are a candidate