What is ADHD Coaching?
ADHD Coaching is an ongoing collaboration between a trained individual and their clients that is primarily focused on helping the clients live more effective and satisfying lives by deepening their learning, improving their performance, and enhancing their quality of life.
People seek ADHD coaching for a variety of reasons – to reduce stress and anxiety, to eliminate chaos and conflict, to end repetitive patterns of frustration, to gain insights and tools in order to develop structure, boundaries, and motivation, and to understand how medication and lifestyle impact ADHD and learning.
Robyn Parks, our trained and experienced ADHD coach, is dedicated to eliminating the stress and anxiety associated with this diagnosis by:
- Conquering Impulsivity – How to stay on track despite of your mood
- Improving Memory – How to stay attentive, absorb and encode information long-term
- Focusing Energy – How to use your own energy to create extreme focus
- Transforming negative stimulus - How to create the stimulus that works for you
- Organizing Systems – How to clear physical and mental clutter using proven systems
- Sorting through Priority – How to define and clarify your priorities in order to get things done
- Managing Stress – How to end the negative self talk and the feeling you’re falling behind
- Communicating Effectively – How to strengthen your relationships and be understood
- Managing Time – How to schedule your management systems for completing tasks and staying on time.
How to get started with Coaching?
Being certified, and having specific experience with ADHD coaching in particular are Robyn Park’s strengths, but the ultimate success of your partnership with any coach depends on a mutual compatibility. Therefore, Robyn offers a free 30 minute session to discuss what you’d like to achieve as a way to get to know each other.
The next step will be a 2 hour intake session which is typically done in person. Robyn will email you some forms to fill out prior to meeting. During the intake Robyn will ask you open-ended questions and do intuitive listening so she can identify your core values. Together you will draft a personal coaching agreement to set up an action plan in order to reach your goals.
Following the initial intake session, weekly 45-60 minute sessions will take place. In between sessions Robyn will be available for support by phone, text or email in order to help keep you on track in between coaching sessions.
The length of time it takes to make changes that become a part of your life varies. Usually, a minimum commitment of three months is required to give you an opportunity to be successful.
How can I help my child?
There is no instruction booklet on parenting in general, and when your child is diagnosed with ADHD, it’s not uncommon to feel extremely overwhelmed and frustrated. It can be a stressful and an exhausting journey. We all want to see our child succeed in school and in life. A diagnosis of ADHD can present many challenges within the family, school and social settings. When you take care of yourself, you are better able to take care of your child. Robyn will support you, as a parent/guardian/caregiver and give you tools to eliminate the stress that’s particular to managing a child with an ADHD diagnosis.
Parent training is recognized as a crucial part of treatment for children with ADHD. Robyn Provides direct parenting support and offers the highly acclaimed Calm And Connected: Parenting Children with ADHD© a workshop series. Using a combination of education and coaching, the workshop will help clients develop specific tools, techniques and strategies to:
- Reduce chaos and challenging behaviors
- Set realistic and effective rules and boundaries
- Help your child capitalize on their strengths and increase self-esteem
- Reduce homework stress for you and your child
- Help your child manage frustration
Understanding and treating ADHD is essential if true and lasting improvements are to be made. Whether you or your child has been diagnosed by a medical doctor or you find yourself or your child struggling to stay organized and focused, the next step is to learn how to properly manage your or their life.
Robyn will help you understand your ADHD diagnosis. She will work with you to identify goals, create structure, prioritize, and build time management skills. She will help you increase awareness of your learning style so that you can better process information.
As your life coach, Robyn will provide you with the support needed to increase self-awareness and self-esteem. Together we will create a manageable plan to help you get organized and experience academic and personal success.